2018 is just around the corner and the Cal Poly Democrats are hard at work mobilizing students to fight for our values at Cal Poly and within our community. With our membership at the highest it’s ever been on our conservative campus, we’ve accomplished the following so far this year:
Hosted gun safety advocate Richard Martinez for a speaking event that drew hundreds of students and received coverage from the SLO Tribune
Alerted allied organizations about the sneaky B-17 vote that occurred this past summer
Walked precincts for Cathy Murillo during Santa Barbara’s critical Mayoral Election
Met with local leaders and candidates to discuss issues important to students
Called Alaskans to encourage them to tell Sen. Murkowski to vote no on Trumpcare
In the new year, we want to build on this work by registering students, speaking to voters about our local candidates, and promoting progressive values. To accomplish this, we’re asking for your help.
We get a lot done with a little, but we do have expenses, including California Young Democrats chartering fees ($40), central committee fees ($70), and various marketing expenses ($80+ this quarter). Additionally, the club would like to invest in infrastructure like a folding table and set of chairs rather than borrowing them on an ad hoc basis. Finally, we hope to help some of our members in attend the state convention in San Diego. This inspiring event will energize members ahead of next year’s campaign season.
We would be greatful for any assistance you or your organization can offer. Instructions on how to donate are below; please send us an email at email@example.com or call 510-300-5873 with any questions you may have. To help keep everyone’s inbox clear, please write to the club email rather than respond directly to this listserv email.
We benefit when people of all ages and backgrounds are active in the community and Democratic politics. Your support of young Democrats is appreciated!
Sebastian Hamirani, President, Cal Poly Democrats
Erin Chazer, Vice President, Cal Poly Democrats
Ellie Lupo, Finance Director, Cal Poly Democrats
Via Credit Card:
- Go to www.calpoly.edu
- Scroll down and Click on “Giving”
- Click on the “Give Online” button towards the right.
- Enter your donation amount.
- Click on the “Select College and Program(s)” section. Scroll down to “Student Affairs.” Select “Other,” then Continue, and write “Cal Poly Democrats” in the “Enter fund not listed” textbox.
- Complete the “Information About You” section.
- Click on the “Save and Continue” button
- Please review the transaction. If everything is correct, click on the “Pay Now” button. This will forward you to PayPal to complete the transaction. Be advised the University asses a 15% fee on the amount you donate via credit card.
- Make checks out to “Cal Poly Democrats”
- Mail to:
CAL POLY DEMOCRATS
Club Mailbox #393
1 Grand Ave.San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0675
***Please ensure your check arrives to the above address on or before 12/6 to so it can be processed before the University closes for Winter Break.
Promoting discourse, inclusivity, and engagement in the political process since 2014