2880 Broad St
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Feb 20th will mark 75 days until voting begins for the 2018 elections. Now is the time to mobilize to sweep a progressive wave over SLO County, showing our Trump aligned elected officials the door. Many races end on June 5th and do not go on to the November election so it is now or never to support our candidates and make real change in our community.
Our February meeting will be all about action and training. We will be running various “stations” where you can:
– Learn how to knock doors effectively through a full training that will include mock demos, and also an orientation of our mobile app. After the training, you’ll be able to signup for one of the dozens of walk events throughout the county.
– Live phonebank! Call voters to inform them how important our upcoming local elections are, introduce them to our candidates, and invite them to meet the candidates at upcoming meet-and-greets. Bring a cell phone or laptop/tablet if you can. Scripts and walkthroughs will be provided.
– Postcard writing to voters. Using our branded SLO County Progressives postcards (union printed!) write to voters about why we need to turn out in big numbers and invite them to local candidate events!
– Letter Writing Workshop: Learn how to write effective letters to the editor, and strategies for getting them published. Write one there at the meeting and get a free beer (or glass of wine)!
Candidates and their campaign managers will be on-site. More announced soon!
**Please note that this is our February General Meeting. There will be no meeting on our regular date of the 4th Thursday of the month (Feb. 22nd).
What candidates are we helping?
We are providing support to our endorsed candidates in the following races:
– District 4 County Supervisor: Support people-focused candidate Jimmy Paulding in his effort to unseat radical Tea Party Republican Lynn Compton. No matter where you live in the county, this race effects you!
– District 2 County Supervisor: Support Bruce Gibson against a developer-friendly challenger.
– State Assembly: Support progressive Bill Ostrander in his effort to defeat Republican Jordan Cunningham who received an F on The People’s Report Card of CA.